Top 5 things to do in South Africa
1. A safari – plan to stay overnight if possible, or go to two of the parks. Kruger has a wonderful reputation but, if it’s too far out of the way, some of the smaller ones are excellent too.
2. Wine tasting – spend a few days in Franschoek or Stellenbosch, ask the staff at your hotel to recommend a wine farm to start at and after that get the people at the wine farms to recommend the next one.
3. Eat – South Africa has so much wonderful food with influences from all over the place. Nearly everywhere is reasonably priced so choose somewhere with a good view.
4. Whale watching – the coast is wonderful for sighting these magnificent creatures. Bring a picnic lunch and keep your eyes open for African penguins too.
5. Drive – and take in the stunning scenery. Try the drive to Cape Point from Cape Town, the garden route or the wine areas.